How high can we safely run the tire pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3&SD

Reaction score
To correct - steer toward the direction the rear is sliding. It's like drift racing - just don't overcorrect. Overcorrecting is a common mistake where you steer in the direction the rear is sliding for too long and then the vehicle's rear slides out the other direction.

If you overcorrect, the chances of you being able to steer quick enough to catch the "second oversteer" are slim.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To correct - steer toward the direction the rear is sliding. It's like drift racing - just don't overcorrect. Overcorrecting is a common mistake where you steer in the direction the rear is sliding for too long and then the vehicle's rear slides out the other direction.

If you overcorrect, the chances of you being able to steer quick enough to catch the "second oversteer" are slim.

Bingo - which is why most manufacturers design in understeer - it is relatively "safer".

BTW - I'm not sure how you correct an oversteer situation with a trailer on the car. That is pretty scary, and there are a lot of dynamics at play there (like where is the majority of the weight in the trailer, etc).

-Rich

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first took home my LR3, all tires were inflated at 50 psi. I immediately deflated them down to the factory recommended pressures. The result was a better cushy ride.

Vince.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99