How to disconnect rear air???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Major R134 leakage on my 97 SE7, 136000 miles. Joey says it is probably the connection to the rear air that is the culprit.

My question is what should I do to seal off the rear air so that the front will operate without having to add R134 every week?

Thanks!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all you would need to remove the line in and out, for the rear air, and that is one huge problem which I really don't think can be done by you.
How do you know the rear a/c is the issue, why not have it fixed?

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to put R134 in weekly. Joey bet it was leaking through the rear air conditioning unit and said if I disconnected it it would likely solve the leak.

Thanks for your input

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey didn't reply, what is it you think you will do to fix this issue?

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of disconnecting the rear air lines and putting a plug or end cap in them. That's what I thought Joey meant but I'm guessing.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back and looked at the thread. Joey said he bet the elbow above the left rear tire is leaking. If that is true, I can probably replace that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9