How to remove oil pan in LR4 V8 5.0 N/A?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

escape

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need help removing the oil pan from V8 5.0 Discovery 4 (LR4) - is it possible to remove the oil pan without removing the entire engine?

According to the service documentation, the engine should be removed for this repair, but I would like to replace it without removing the engine.
If I remove the power steering rack and front diff (or only axle shaft), will I have access to the oil pan? I have already removed belts, tensioners and the front timing cover, because I am in the process of timing replacement.

And if it is not possible to remove the oil pan with the engine in the car, can I remove the engine without lifting the body?

I know the official procedure of removing the engine, but I also know that in Discovery 3 (LR3) and Range Rover Sport it was possible to remove the engine without lifting the chassis.
I do not know if it is possible with the V8 5.0 because it seems to be wider and larger than the old petrol 4.4 or 2.7/3.0 diesel engines?

escape

Reaction score
No, I do a large engine service, among other things, I want to change the whole timing - chains and tensioners.
I have to remove the oil pan to replace the auxiliary chain tensioner - there is no access to the bolt of this tensioner without removing the oil pan.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo