How to remove slime and paint from the underside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Our LR3 is used mainly by the wife as a transport vehicle, with the occasional off road days when I am lucky enough to drive it. Recently, my wife ran over some slime/paint on the road, and as ususal, she has no idea what it is. It is off whie in color and all over the lower part of the black plastic trim on the right side and wheel wells. I tried everything from thinner, to WD40, to bug and tar remover, nothing. The body shop guy said that it would be easier to replace all of the pieces, I basically told him to go to hell because I was not made out of money :stupid:.

Any way, back to the point, can anyone recommend a produce or a methid they have used to get sticky stuff off? Thanks.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like road lane paint. I've hit that before and it's just as you described. I got some off by elbow grease, but some is still on the car. Do you think that's what it could be?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to check on a car detailing forum for additional suggestions.

If it is road paint, it's not coming off easily - consider how well it sticks to the road in all conditions.

Have you called your insurance company? They may cover this.

Last edited:

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grab some GOOF OFF! That stuff's works well!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say burn it (try at your own risk) but some others gave some safer solutions... :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo