HSE nav question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sqmr2

Reaction score
I have a 05 lr3 hse. When I turn on the headlights the nav screen dose not dim. Is it supposed to?

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kind of dims with the gauge light adjustment. There are brightness settings in the nav as well that may be cranked all the way up.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about when you turn on the running lights (middle position)? Maybe they are dimming then and not when you go from that detent to the headlights, and you're missing it.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's a separate light sensor just for the nav screen, not connected to the headlights. It dims whenever it begins to get dark outside, regardless if the headlights are on.

Sqmr2

Reaction score
Maybe my sensor is messed up.. Do u know where it is?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sensor is on the dashboard near the speedometer. It looks slightly off white and sits next to the little light that flashes when you lock your car. I thought my Nav had gone out one day when I accidentally put my small camera up there and it blocked the sensor, making the NAV think it was dark, and then dimmed it in the middle of the day! Hopefully you don't have your sensor blocked.

Sqmr2

Reaction score
The sensor is not blocked but the nav still docent dim.. Fuse?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't dim during the daytime, only at night.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM