Hunting buck with the side of my rover...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking it over a bit more closely, here is what I think the final damage list is.

• Driver Side Door Glass Scratched
  • Hood badly dented
  • Drivers side door dented
  • Drivers side rear door badly dented
  • New dent under rear side glass.
  • Windshield A-Pillar plastic cowling scratched up
  • drivers door mirror gone and wire harness connectors are damaged

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi MBW,

I think you were very, very lucky. I am glad nothing happen to you.
It looks like the damage is not very serious and should be ea$$$$y to repair.
I am curious what your estimate for repair is going to be.
My 2011 LR4 was hit by an idiot running a red light. It was totalled but kids , wife were OK. You can always replace a car. Off course replacement was another LR4.
Good luck with your repair.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into a couple of deer on our back yard and two more crossing the road at work. Never hit one though. Sounds like a scary experience :ahhhhh:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont really have to laugh... no... but ok.

The video is more of an antelope or something, but same basic thing happened except my rover hurt him more than he hurt me.

Towing my boat today from the marina was interesting with no driver side mirror. Thats not very cool.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, any accident will diminish the car's resale value big time and will give the dealer an opportunity to low ball your trade…sorry!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, any accident will diminish the car's resale value big time and will give the dealer an opportunity to low ball your trade…sorry!

I am not worried about it. I don't plan on trading it in anytime soon. I will have it for a very long time.

Even if I did want to trade within a few years, I doubt this type of accident would impact value. The damage is all to paintwork and those panels will be replaced. I don't see how that would hurt anything, but I dont really care since ill have this thing at least 10 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM