Ideas for new defender wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3&SD

Reaction score
I believe there have been rumours of Tata working with LR to bring the defender back to the US. Here is my list of items that would be nice to see in a defender wagon (4 door SUV).

Solid axles frt and rear with driver activated locking diffs (rear leafs w/ air overloads) (front coils w/ air overloads)

3/4 ton chassis / axles with great towing and plowing capacity

Classic defender look on the exterior, but small changes could be made to slightly increase mpg or reduce wind noise

All the side airbags and safety features of any of the other LRs in the US currently

xenon headlights / room for winch in bumpers

normal 2" receiver hitch in rear

Engine options - 4.6L 3v V8 gas from the F-150, 4.4L turbo diesel, 6.4L turbo diesel

Trans - Allison 6spd or 6 spd manual

Interior on par with LR3 or better.

This could be the replacement for the Excursion Ford killed, but better.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Base model should have an interior you can hose out top to bottom. Any interior bling (which includes power windows) should be optional equipment.
I'm not the least bit interested in a Land Rover "Excursion".

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like t osee all coils and bone stock so that it's affordable... lockers, and read bench seats that are aluminum and a removable top so that it can be like a truck with na internal roll cage!! And have it come with Trxus M/T's from Interco!! That would be a good way to rebirth a legend in the US

LR3&SD

Reaction score
If LR was to make the new Defender a 3/4 ton truck, they could probably get past a lot of NA safety requirements, fuel economy requirements and other EPA non-sense....

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd settle for a smaller engine but one that could be started with a manual crank bar and please no electric windows. Just a truck please. Very very minimilistic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99