idle issues - its not the btry or alt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
per my previous posts - thought it was a battery/alt issue - both are working fine - - this issue started after a morning when it wouldnot turn over and ...(read dead battery post)

idling very low at times even stalling out -

per another post I am currently trying to reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged for 10min or more

how do I check the presure in the fuel rail? - I see the nozel - do I just push on it like letting air out of a tire? (will wait for response before attemting that possible stupid manuever)

T

twitchy

ECU will need 4 hrs at least to reset, however I have been told by a Mechanic not to. Will find out why with this.:albertein

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update

for FYI purposes:

I un-hooked the negative terminal for about an hour - idle is normal.. so far so good

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry did not see this post until just now.... Do NOT just press the shradder valve like releasing air from a tire, you will spray fuel everywhere.

You will need a fuel pressure gauge, buy a good one otherwise it will leak down fast. I bought one from harbor freight, and it is junk.

whiskeynipple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Joey - yeah figured I would need some type of gauge - if harbor freights is crap - what about one from Autozone? - or what brand is good?

thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind the old saying of you get what you pay for.... Any autoparts store should carry good stuff, just the one from harbor freight was not very good, I was hoping it would do the job, but like most things in the store... it may work, but there is a better choice out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90