If you have the LR Rubber Mats, please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinkingdog

Reaction score
Actually, get both. Get rubber and the carpet. ..... I always swap out up front.

And I thought I was the only one nuts enough to swap out the front!

The rubber mats are great. The black carpet (with green LR logo) were a disappointment quality-wise. But they still look handsome.

On the trails or at the ranch the rubber is on the floor...but the carpet gets put on the rest of the time.

PakiRover

Reaction score
Where does the back lip go?

I just bought the rubber mats online, and I cant figure out where the back lips on the second row mats are supposed to tuck in to. I thought they would tuck in under the second row seats, but the seats on my SE dont allow that. Is there something I am missing?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your problem is; it never confused me... Hmmm...

The mats go around the side of both seats. The right mat (I think) is longer and covers across the middle. It meets with the mat on the other side with a slight overlap.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 3 full sets of LR3 carpets. The nice back ones with green LR logo, the full 3 rows of rubber set (plus cargo area rubber mat), and the OEM standard mats (which I've never used).

Rubber set is the best overall, and recommend to anyone considering a set.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should just naturally fall/flop down right under the sides of the seats on the floor. You don't have them upside down do you? The knobs face up. . .

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mats wrap around second row seat and rest right under lever to tumble seat into forward position. This is the driver's side.

Last edited:

PakiRover

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture duckdive. The side of my seat looks nothing like that. It has a black plastic cover that seals the side all the way down to the carpet, no way to slide the rubber lip under the seat. I will try to figure out a way to remove it. BTW, I have an '06 V8 SE, is that the reason for the difference?

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the rubber mats in our '05 and they have a distinct odor to them - not terribly unpleasant, but definitely noticeable. Anyone know how to address this?

Thanks,
Rich

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the picture duckdive. The side of my seat looks nothing like that. It has a black plastic cover that seals the side all the way down to the carpet, no way to slide the rubber lip under the seat. I will try to figure out a way to remove it. BTW, I have an '06 V8 SE, is that the reason for the difference?

No no, don't remove the sides! The rubber matts just curve up the sides, works great, looks intentional.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PakiRover, my LR3 is an 06 SE too. So I'm not sure why they would do something
different with the seats. I do have a third row, maybe that has something to do with it.

Richpike, I have a thin layer of sand (absorbs odor) on my mats from many beach days.
This did the trick for me :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd