IIDTool EAS max value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan. You are correct that the IID Tool will write all of the stock values of your truck once you pair it. For the air suspension, it is stored under EAS Values (profiles). So you want to save a profile for your desired lift height. Do the "raise all" option to get the lift, then Save your EAS (electronic air suspension) profile. If you want to go back to stock, you go under the EAS profile "restore original settings" or something to that effect.

I go for the full 50mm off-road and then revert to original when I am finished.

Once you have the desired profiles set and saved, you can change very quickly.

Keep in mind, if you need even further clearance off-road, you can still use the normal ride height button on the console. Beyond that, you still can go into the Super Extended Mode if you get grounded out. I buried the hell out of my truck in soft sand once and by the time I got it out, I was on IID Tool lift, Extended Mode, and Super Extended Mode. My rear bumper was above my waistline once I got it back on flat ground!! Wish I took a pic.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how do I "go into Super Extended Mode" and what does that give me. From what I read in the manual there is no way to "manually" do that. How did you do it? Did your LR4 detect that it was waist deep in sand and automatically lift it another so many inches? ;-)

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says it can detect when it has bottomed out and only then is when it is available. Need to keep the foot on the brake and hold the EAS height button up for a few seconds. Sand or mud is the easiest way to test it, although I heard there are ticks to do it with a jack.

Here's a pic from the web of an LR4 in super extended (IID Tool makes it even higher):

Attachments

• lr4.jpg
    lr4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It says it can detect when it has bottomed out and only then is when it is available. Need to keep the foot on the brake and hold the EAS height button up for a few seconds. Sand or mud is the easiest way to test it, although I heard there are ticks to do it with a jack.

Here's a pic from the web of an LR4 in super extended (IID Tool makes it even higher):

So to learn how it works I need to get stuck. Oh, wait, you did that for me. I guess its all a matter of trust. I hope I never need it.

Do we know the limit of Super Extended mode? Or even Extended mode for that matter?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a jack stand flush under the jacking point on the chassis rail and lower the car to access height if you want to see Extended Height in action, and then you can invoke super-extended as explained above (hold the brake pedal and suspensions "Up" button pressed for 4-5 seconds.) As a matter of fact, quite a few LR3/4 owners in our local club carry a jack stand with them specifically for that reason when we go off-road, so they can force extended height before taking on obstacles where they may get high centered. You do gain an extra 2.5-3" of additional clearance in that mode, so not trivial.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the answer is yes to all your questions.

I use my IIDtool sparingly. I keep my stock suspension setup on road and only sometimes engage the tool to raise the truck 25 or 50MM.

This is not proven, but I seen first hand and read accounts online of LR4's who have raised their suspension permanently, and suffered a suspension failure, as in sway bar or something in the A-arm snapped. I believe that raising the suspension does put additional strain on certain components and leads to premature failure. It happened on my trip in Moab where a friends LR4 suffered a catastrophic suspension failure.

Yes, you're in LR's range of acceptable ride height but there's always a trade off and LR engineers decided on the height based on many variables. So leaving or driving with a much higher setting for LONG periods especially offroad and high speed can cause premature wear and a very costly repair. Not to mention having to get out of a remote spot.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you design a component, you do so with a given performance envelope in mind. The LR4 is likely designed to last optimally when in the standard setup. It can of course deal with greater loads and stresses from the less optimal config, but that will always reduce the fatigue limit and make components fail sooner.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think he had in mind to run the lift 24/7 either though. No sense in doing so, especially when you can flip back and forth between IID raised height and stock settings in a matter of 1-2mins tops once you store your desired configs.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which version of the tool should I buy? Do I want the Pro if I'm only working with our one vehicle? (2015 LR4)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pro is VIN-unlocked for a specific model, which is only really useful to a garage shop, independent mechanic, or similar outfit. You don't need a Pro if you will just be working on your vehicle. The Bluetooth version you may want though, especially if you can pair the tool with an Apple and/or Android smartphone / tablet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo