Indy Mechanic Dallas TX Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good indy mechanic in the Dallas TX area. I need to replace my front lower control arms and fluid change. I have the control arm parts just need someone that is more knowledgeable than I am to replace them. I have found out this is much harder than I anticipated. I was able to get everything free but am I can not get the axle shaft removed to get the ball joint out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to come to Austin, I highly suggest Steve @ the gang at protechtx.com. They have done mine, and a lot of other work, excellent work every time. I always supply my own parts, and that is cool with them.

I have a set of front control arms in the garage that you could rebuild on your own if you want, but I think it is better to buy the latest ones, which includes a slightly large ball joint. The labor at a shop involved in rebuilding one, exceeds the cost of new ones at about 225 each I think. You have to cut out the old bushes, and press in the new ones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635