installing rear jump seats 97 disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickshaw

howdy - just bought a 97 disco w/o jump seats (and no rear a/c). want to install jump seats from a salvage yard - anyone have any info on the degree of difficulty, or the cost for a dealer / shop to do the job? I have located some from a 98, but it had rear a/c - is that a show stopper?

Thanks

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(1) You can do it yourself. PM/Email me and I'll post here so people can search in the future.

(2) I'm not sure, but my guess is that the rear air might mean that you have a gap somewhere with one of the jump seats. It shouldn't matter; what would matter is if you had rear air and non-rear-air jump seats :biggrin:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to submit written instructions on this installation to Sam tonight. Look for the installation instructions for the jump seats in the Technical section soon!

Andy

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Rickshaw! I have installed 1 RH rear (Pass. side) seat in my D1 to hold my 4th child in. PITA, but do-able. I had my child install bolts in brackets because his hands were smaller. You need to make sure that you get ALL bolts, brackets, and the plastic surround with your seats because THEY ARE DIFFERENT than what you have now. Also the rear air surround will not be the one you want as it is completely different than a non rear air surround for jump seat. Though the seat is the same, I think a couple of the lower brackets may be different. Not sure. Can check if you need. Rear A/C surround places LR seat about 5 inches farther into storage area than non A/C mounting. You will save $$$ buying salvage & can get the proper surround & hardware as needed for install. I bought my "6th" seat new from Rover & paid a small fortune for it. If you need install instructions, I have factory rear seat install book, No words, just drawings, kinda confusing until you stare at it w/beer for about 2 hours, then it clicks and install goes fairly well. Good father-son project!

R

rickshaw

LRW -

Thanks for the reply. The one salvage had them w/o the surround (just learned he had sold them), the other had it for a/c. If you could check on the a/c issue, that would be great. Can you fax the manual? I have two viking four year old boys that would probably leave disco in a heep.

Can you think of a good disco salvage place?

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Rick, Hello Andy, What color seat & surround do you need? My right rear seat cost more than my springs because I ordered it new. It's reeel purrdy though, so I'm not complaining. I assume your seats are tan? Can your kids help w/the installation? Their small hands make it easier to get the bolts started. My son was 9 when he did the seat in mine, and yes, I "snugged" the bolts. We also change the rear tail lamps bulbs while we were there. Andy, have you seen the international wordless "Genuine Rear Seat Install Manual? What are the instructions that you have? Thank You, LRW.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the wordless installation manual.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Andy, Which format do you have these in? Digital or Paper? I have paper! I reckon I could fax to Rick if I had a fax#, & can figger out how to operate my fax/printer/scanner/copier machine! If I can't do it, I'm sure one of my kids can! Thank You, LRW.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them in PDF format. Given some time I could send them to someone, although last time I tried it I'm not sure it worked (my Outlook breaks big messages into multiple parts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72