intake manifold torque spec horror!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

alfromchi

My husband and I just recently purchased a Disco 2 and now we have to replace the intake manifold gasket. I purchased a kit from British
Atlantic and some cables and it seem that I have everything ready to start on my project. The only problem is that my husband stated that we need the torque spec number for the intake manifold gasket. We have been going backwards trying to find some one that can help. Does anyone know what that number is or helpful hints on what should we do? We are going to do the job by ourselves. Please help!!!!!!!!!

T

tcosson

I just did that too, but I'm out of the country until March, so I can't check my manual... Overall it was a relatively easy job. I had some mailing labels that I labeled and wrapped around every hose or wire that I pulled. Something always comes up to make projects like that take longer for me than they should and I didn't want to have to guess at what went where..
The only problem I had was breaking the plastic hose that feeds water into the air intake..

L

Lendawg

OK, in my workshop manual, it says:
Under "Manifold and Exhaust System - Mpi"
Inlet manifold to cylinder head (nuts and bolts) .....18 ft lbs.

And under "Fuel System - MFI"
Intake manifold to cylinder block (bolts) .....28 ft lbs.

I have not worked out the acronyms yet. Can anyone help with that?
(Multi point injection?? etc...)

A

antichrist

I don't know for sure about the Disco manifold, but manifolds typically should have the bolts/nuts tourqued in a specific order to prevent the manfold from cracking. Normally it's alternating top and bottom, starting in the middle and working towards the ends. Most manuals give the specific order though. YMMV.

Tom Rowe
Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in
places even more inaccessible.

A

antichrist

Doh!!
Just reread and realized you're talking intake manifold, I was talking exhaust, which is more prone to cracking.

Tom Rowe
Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in
places even more inaccessible.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9