Intermittant no reverse and extended shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FstrTib

Reaction score
04 Freelander, started in the morning after recieving from customer with no reverse and the vehicle would shift into reverse but had a very extended shift from first to second the wouldnt down shift r come out of 2nd gear. I shut the vehicle off and came back to it after 15 min, and it would go through all forward gears fairly normally but now has no reverse. No service repair history prior to this concern and the fluid check level plug showed fluid to be just barely below pouring out. I was unable to get into the transmission part of the ecu to verify codes for solonoid or electrical concerns (Snapon Verus) as I didnt have that particular key or Rov4 connector at the time.......any ideas from the tech guys would be much appreciated as I am a diag teck and dont personally like shotgunning a problem by just telling a customer they need a trans:albertein

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the wiring diagram and check all the solenoids continuity and resistance the pin out is fairly easy connector is right by the tranny fill plug. other than that there is no other components you can service on the vehicle. my own opinion run haha jk these trucks are nightmares

FstrTib

Reaction score
get the wiring diagram and check all the solenoids continuity and resistance the pin out is fairly easy connector is right by the tranny fill plug. other than that there is no other components you can service on the vehicle. my own opinion run haha jk these trucks are nightmares

No doubt Socal, I've had the mis fortune of having 4 of these things come through my shop this month,timing belts and cam gear break that made the cylinder sleeve pull up, an ecu failure that took out the A/C and spark in 2 cylinders.....my god these things are crap! And now my second trans failure......LOVELY!!!:hmpf:

RobertColunga

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks bro! I already fixed my issue on this after reading this post. Well, these trucks are indeed nightmares, in my case I already spent lots of $$$ for its replacement land rover parts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72