Intermittent Tyre Pressure Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airstream345

Reaction score
New to us 2008 LR3 is showing the Tyre Pressure Warning intermittently. New tires on all four, I aired everything up to spec and gauge checked all four wheels (plus spare) and they all are holding air just fine - but the warning light and message still turns on and off with regular frequency on any length drive.

Any ideas?

Bad sensor? If so is there a way to isolate the fault?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but new to LR's so I'm finding my way with the help of this site.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible that one or more of the batteries in the sender are on the way out - depending on whether this is temperature linked...

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep getting this issue too, especially when there are big temperature changes like a cool morning and then it sits in the sun or a cold day or warm day after the opposite. Some times it comes on when I've been driving a while. Very annoying.
I had my tires replaced last Spring and have had the sensors checked a couple times without any obvious issues. The sensors were fine. For a while it seemed that if I went a 1# psi over I was good but now that's not a guarantee. It all popped up after I put the Nokian tires on from the Pirelli Scorpions that wore out in about a year. I doubt it has anything to do with the tires themselves as the sensors are one's I bought off eBay (likely culprit). I had to have the dash gasket replaced and the circuit board in there replaced as water was getting in from the windshield. Around then was when the fault started acting up. I'll check the sensors again and maybe get a new set of spares from a better source.
Open to ideas.......

Airstream345

Reaction score
Had Pep Boys scan all of the wheel sensor/senders today. All tested OK and batteries are charged. Still getting intermittent warning light and "Check All Tyre Pressure" warning.

Next step would be? (assuming the receiving side)

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had this issue since I owned my LR3. The local indy can't work out what is going on. I have also noticed that the temp display on the dash can be a little off, not sure if this is related.

Going to give in and take it to the stealer ship....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM