Iphone 3G Bluetooth problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 06 LR3 from the dealer 1 week ago.
It seems that whenever I walk up to the car and press the unlock button on the remote, the car takes control of my iphone. i.e. It syncs up via Bluetooth. If I am talking on my phone and standing anywhere near the car, as soon as it unlocks the doors, the phone just switches to Land Rover Bluetooth and I cannot continue the call. The ignition key is still in my hand and I haven't even gotten in the car and it has already taken control of my phone.

Same thing happens when I exit the car. Whether I am on the phone or not, I turn off the ignition and get out. Lock the doors or just walk away (It doesn't matter), The Rover will not release the Iphone for about 10 minutes after I have already gotten out of the car.

It seems that the Rovers Bluetooth module is powered up when the doors are opened or closed, locked or unlocked whether the key is in the ignition or not. Land Rover is aware of the problem but there is no fix except to manually turn on and off Bluetooth on my phone.

Any ideas or solutions?

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to turn bluetooth off.

You can select the audio source from your iPhone during any phone conversation, so just select iPhone rather than Land Rover, and the audio will be back on your iPhone.

It's located where the SPEAKER icon is in this image.

iPhoneArticle2MW.jpg

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did try that. What happens is if I am outside the vehicle and use the remote to lock or unlock and then I try to make a call, The iphone does give me those options. I choose "Iphone" and then the phone will make the call. As soon as the other party answers, the Iphone swithces back to Land Rover and the phone goes dead. I then have to select "iphone" again and hopefully the call re connects to the iphone.

Make Sense?

cdodkin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what I have to do - it's just a 'feature' that we have to adapt to as the Land Rover is just grabbing the iPhone BT connection every time.

Xrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what I have to do - it's just a 'feature' that we have to adapt to as the Land Rover is just grabbing the iPhone BT connection every time.

At least I know now that I am not alone and that others share in my frustration !

Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it :biggrin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635