Is the location of the plate in the rear of the LR4 legal in CO?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, the thread title is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I happened to run into the article below and noticed the following line:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/70/7008.asp

Colorado law specifically requires that the permanent plate be located no less than a foot from the ground "at the approximate center of the vehicle" and within 18 inches of the rear bumper.

I found it interesting because no one in their right mind could possibly say that the LR4 has the plate "at the approximate center of the vehicle." Clearly the vehicle is sold there and thereby legal in CO, but I wonder if it could come into play in court one day.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 has been around too long to enforce that law on an LR4. But the D5 could certainly benefit from that "at the approximate center of the vehicle" law.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ve had our 3s and 4S for 15 years and 200k collective miles in CO and not one issue. There are hundreds of not more of them on the roads. How in the world did you ever even come across that language?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72