Just Got an '11 LR4, Who Can Answer The Most Questions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way late to this post, but wanted to throw in my two cents. Have only had good interactions with my LR dealership (Scarborough Maine btw) and while it is entirely due to the fact that they are good guys who seem to care, I also make every effort to be polite, friendly and show recognition when they treat me well. I am sure these guys get practically ignored all the time by people who think that because they bought a $100k RR, they don't have to be commonly decent, so when you remember their names and ask about their kids, they will be on your side. Screw the sales guys, service are who you want to be friends with.

Yup! Agree with you 100%. I've observed customers come in with a bad attitude from the start and can be quite abusive. Then they get treated poorly and wonder why. A positvie attitude goes a long, long way. I always make it a point, even when I'm calling customer service by phone, that I put a smile on my face, because believe it or not, they can actually hear "the" smile through the tone (old stockbroker trick)... and I get exactly what I needed and sometimes more. I think consumers have become extremely rude, not only to dealerships, but to others, strangers, in supermarkets, at restaurants, and even at the park. It seems sadly that the human race has lost its way of being polite and kind to each other or when to just walk away composed. Okay, enough of my San Francisco rants. :)

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I purchased my LR4 from LR San Jose but it's about an hour away from San Francisco (btw, best car buying experience ever!), so I just take my LR to British Motor Cars of SF. They mostly deal in Bentleys, Lambos, Lotus, etc... (supercar candy store) and I had thought that maybe I'd be treated like a dog off the street with my measly LR4, but instead, they treat me really well, and I couldn't be happier! The work I've had done were DRL activation ($75 bucks), resetting check-engine light because I didn't tighten the gas cap enough (after two triggers the system locks in the check engine light and only the dealer can re-set it), and most recently, had the right front air-strut replaced because it was leaking. That's pretty much it.

Oh, BTW, regarding your horn chirp that you had programmed, if you have a door ajar, will it not chirp at all - since it's basically an opposite set-up? I'm really thinking about having this activated, but if it chirps if a door is ajar then I'll pass. I also checked the manual again and it states that the "chirp/horn" audible warning is only available in "some" markets. I think it's a fair statement by LR. But, I do like what I'm reading that within one year LR will activate features like this that may be only for ROW for free. I'm going to explore this and see what happens! :) Will report back.

OK Count,
Just checked out the chirp feature. One chirp when you lock. Two chirps when you unlock. If a door or the trunk is open and you try to lock, you get two chirps. I hope this is helpful.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK Count,
Just checked out the chirp feature. One chirp when you lock. Two chirps when you unlock. If a door or the trunk is open and you try to lock, you get two chirps. I hope this is helpful.

Great, thanks for the information! So I'm assuming you get two chirps at lockdown no matter what, door ajar or not. I guess one would just need to be careful then. I like the chrip a lot.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the information! So I'm assuming you get two chirps at lockdown no matter what, door ajar or not. I guess one would just need to be careful then. I like the chrip a lot.

No! One chirp at lockdown if all doors are closed. 2 chirps at lockdown if a door is ajar. 2 chirps to unlock. So you'll know if a door is ajar when you lock it and it chirps twice.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No! One chirp at lockdown if all doors are closed. 2 chirps at lockdown if a door is ajar. 2 chirps to unlock. So you'll know if a door is ajar when you lock it and it chirps twice.

Ah, okay I get it. I need to get this done!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635