Key Fobs not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carneyb25

Reaction score
Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting on a old thread. I have a 2008 LR3 that is doing the same thing. It's not the battery in the FOBs and I replaced the car battery. With my LR3 it only happens if the car has been sitting for 8 or more hours and it's below freezing. Occasionally the NAV is dead and the radio works but no sound. I turn the car off and come back in 5 minutes and it works fine. Also, the key fobs don't work until I put them in the ignition and start the car and then they start working again. I had the fob batteries checked and they are both good. Did you ever figure this problem out??

Thanks, Brian

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keyless remote thread below

What I understand is that your 3 starts OK, but you have to either leave it unlocked or use the manual drivers door lock to gain access.

Go to the keyless remote thread below this thread and look at my posting there. Follow the links given and that will show you where some small wires are located that are most likely now not connected together because of corrosion of the telephone type squeeze connector. I think that there are similar wires under the front door sills on both sides so the odds are that the side you fix first will not be the offending connection. The second side is easier.

Auburn92

Reaction score
That is how I first found out what the water leaks do to an LR3. My fobs did not work after getting the floor wet from the sunroof documented problems. The shop cleaned and lubed all my electrical connections on the floorboards.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99