keyless entry not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjaskuls

Reaction score
Hi all,

Last week I went outside and my keyless entry had decided to stop working. I;ve browsed around and haven't seen anything that indicates what others have been seeing:
-the ignition stil lights up which would tell me that it would be charging the keyfob.
-I've never had any water inside the vehicle (i.e. through the sunroof)
-no error messages on the dash.

Is it possible that BOTH key fobs have just run there course and need replacing??? or is it more likely a blown fuse, or some module needs rebooting/reprogramming???
thanks for any input.

zgrmns

Reaction score
I had an issue that wasn't water related as well. Dealer just fixed it last week and said it was a severed wire in the car. I know that doesn't help much, but I highly doubt both keys crapped out at the exact same time.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suggestion: Take the car for a long enough ride that the FOB ought to take a charge; like an hour. See if it responds. When both of my FOBs when out, they would be good for one flash of the lights but not two. So they'd open the driver's door but run out of juice upon the second button-press and not open the other 3 doors. That is how I knew it was the remote and not a severed wire or anything like that.

Note: If they are REALLY dead this troubleshooting tip won't work because they won't take any charge. ....but give it a try!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99