Keyless Entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ernie O

Reaction score
So I buy this 01 - Disco II without the key fob. Shouldn't be a problem, but wait. I buy one off eBay and take it to my mechanic. He says, no good, the key needs the number that came with it and then he can program it to the car. I then provide him with another key fob from eBay that has the special numbers. He says, no good, there are a limited number of key spaces on the ECU and they are all taken. So he would need to buy the software to remove the taken spaces and clear the ECU. So then he offers me a key fob and attempts to acquire it to the car. Hey, no good, apparently since we have used the spare key to open the car, that it created static which wipes out certain memory on the ECU. So now my mechanic has to buy addition software to do whatever, in order to get a key fob to work. What the F@^&#%$# is up with this car.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the Rover, but your mechanic shouldn't be touching it if he doesn't have the autologic computer (read $10,000) for a full version or as little as $2000 if you don't want it to do much.

Go visit someone with the correct setup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635