keyless remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious if just changing the battery in the fob (remote) would cause it to need to be reprogrammed, my remote was dying and I switched batteries in it, now it is not working. I don't need it and won't pay $50 to have it fixed.. could just changing the battery have caused that?

D

discomike

No, changing the batteries will not involve reprogramming the remote. Open up the remote, make sure the battery is in correctly and check and clean the contacts.
Mike J.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah...it works now...It apparently just took realigning the new battery, and pressing the lock button about 40 more times but eventually it just started working to my relief. Thanks.

A

abgrigg

On my 96 the small buttons inside the remote broke off the board. They are fixed by 4 small solders which also act as the connectors to the board.

At first I thought it was the battery and even had a couple replaced under warranty - but eventually found the connectors where broken. So simply resoldered and added a bit more solder than factory and no problems for 5 years.

G

galaxy84

I have same problem

I have same problem on my 96 remote.
Not like colecam, I tried to push the buttons taking out from the case, but still it does not work.
I found that I can buy replacement with $40-50, but I do not want to spare for programing.
First, does someone has a experience like this?
Second, does someone knows how to program remote key?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635