Knocking Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so here it is when at a low idel have a slight knocking when I romp on it the sound gets louder and faster. I think it is either an exhaust leak or loose rocker arms the truck only has 98000 miles on it. What type of problems are common when it comes exhaust manifold leaks or header leaks. Also how common is it for rocker arms to become loose? Or if anyone else may of had the same problem or let me know what you might think the problem is.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Knocking could also be the oil pump is bad... if the pump goes bad this is very costly.

Otherwise it could be an exhaust leak, but that normally doesn't sound like a knocking sound.

98GRDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right i noticed this knocking sound when i was goofing around at the dove lease trying to go up a 1.5" tall wash out like (rock climbing), i went through all 4wd high lock diff. 4wd low and low lock diff. then i gave up and went around the wash out that is the time when i noticed the knocking. could i of F***ed something up in my front end.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be a U-joint, but then again without hearing this noise I can't say for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax