Lack of Fuel Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out my RR-HSE is lacking fuel pressure and its not allowing my vehicle to get started. Just added a new Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, and checked all FP fuses and relay. Does anyone know what it could be? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am having a similar problem! I just re-built my fuel pump, and was about to replace my fuel filter and have no clue why I have trouble starting. Mine still starts but it take 5-15 seconds of cranking the engine until it starts, then it runs fine and starts fine after I get it started, but when it cools off it gets hard to start again, I have no clue what it is either

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll, mines at the dealership now, so will see what they find. If I find out what it is, ill make sure to let you know. Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well no one mentioned year, but could be a vacuum leak to the pressure regulator.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, its not the fuel pump, because it just recently got replaced this week, including the fuel filter. I managed to check all the fuses plus found the actual fuel pump relay and they all work, but the vehicle is still not crancking up. Vehicle cranks up as though it wants to start, but after about 10-15secs, nothing happens. All its doing its draining out the battery, even though I recently had it checked at AAMCO and they said it still had about 2-2 1/2 years of life. From what the LR Dealer mentioned to me this afternoon is that there was little or no fuel pressure going through, but the FP is working. Other than that, if anyone has experienced the same problem my vehicle just went through, let me know and help a brother out.

Lastly, I did managed to use a OBD-II and only one code came up, P0463 "Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High Input". Vehicle has over half of tank of gasoline in it. Other than that, no other codes came up.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
What brand of fuel pump did you purchase? it could be bad.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's a 98 P38, and I rebuilt my fuel pump doing what I saw on RangeRovers.net.... If the dealer says it has to do with fuel pressure then I might change my fuel filter to see if that's what it is, it runs fine once it gets started, and it starts fine when it's warmed up, but first start takes a few seconds, which is embarassing:)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sounds like the pump may not be strong enough.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo