Land Rover Calgary - Service Dept. a Joke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lrccrt

Reaction score
Hi RoverDriver,

Sorry to hear about your experience. There are marked changes to the service department one of the most inportant being customer contact processes. The "results" you mentioned are not typical, I'd like to find out more about the situation call me @ 403-255-1994. If the receptionist takes a message, I promise I'll return your call. You have my word on it.

Chris Thomson
Fixed Operations Manager
Land Rover Calgary

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that is what I would call a Manager doing their best to try and help a customer. I hope he gives you a call.

lrccrt

Reaction score
Hi RoverDriver,

Haven't heard from you yet. As of Feb 26, 2009.

Chris Thomson
Fixed Operations Manager
Calgary Land Rover
403-255-1994

Calgary Landy

Reaction score
I agree that since the new management team has been in place the customer service part of the service department has been vastly improved. However, the service part of it is less than desirable. I don't ever recall having so much problems with a service department with other dealerships as I have with Land Rover Calgary. These dealerships which may not be "high end" dealerships but their workmanship is superior. Take me for example two months ago I had my Land Rover in for repair. It took them 3 weeks to repair my car. Each week they would tell me that everything was ok only to have it breakdown on me on the way home. Each time they would replace a part and each time they would tell me that this part was the cause of my problem. Lucky for me those parts were covered under warranty. However, the third part was not. I was told that they had their top mechanic working on my car and that this part is the cause of my problem and it needed to be replaced. Two months after getting my car back the same problem occurred. I will be bringing it back to Land Rover on Monday. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. Or to find out what other parts need replacing to fix my problem. If I had not had my engine replaced by them I would think twice before bringing in my car to Land Rover Calgary for service.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Calgary Landy... open another thread about your model and year of Land Rover and what the issue is... maybe we can help.

lrccrt

Reaction score
Hi Calgary Landy,

Please see me personally on Monday morning. I will be at the dealership at 7am. I'd like to try and get this situation resolved and, hopefully, you satisfied with our service work. We have one of the best service departments in the country our CSI numbers indicate this and our techinical capability is second to none due to the experience, factory training and specialized tools of our service department. Fixed right the first time question in our survey responses is 100%, can't get any higher than that.

Chris Thomson
Fixed Operations Manager
Land Rover Calgary

CB08

Reaction score
I have been in to LR calgary 2, maybe 3 times now. The first time I went in I dealt with a guy who I believe is the service manager, not positive though, and I have to say his "expertise" was less than desirable. Since then I avoid dealing with him at all costs and the last couple times I've been in have dealt with one of the guys behind the service counter, seems to always be the guy on the right as you walk in, and I can't say anything bad about him. He provides top notch service, I make a point of seeing him every time now. Very helpful.

ssellers

Reaction score
Just to let all of you know that big changes have been made to the Land Rover Calgary service department in terms of staffing and customer support.

There is a more 'personal level' there now.

Thanks,
Will

What are these changes? does it effect the land rover parts industry?. I'm sure there will be a lot people will be affected by these changes made.

rack23

Reaction score
Land Rover Calgary Service

When the temperature in Calgary drops below -25 an EAS fault is triggered on my '04 MKIII and the infamous "Air Suspension Inactive" error message appears and my rover slowly sinks to the bumpstops after a couple days.

This particular Saturday I drove down to Land Rover Calgary, the service bays were empty....great! I asked if I could have my code reset and was sharply told by Mike at the service counter that it was not quite as simple as a code reset. Of course this was just a way for him to justify the cost of the pending service. My truck was taken into the back bay (conveniently out of sight) and I waited for 1 1/2 hrs and recieved a bill for $218. I asked why last time I had the exact same service done at their shop my bill was only $110? I was again very abrubtly told that the EAS was this time reprogrammed so that this would not happen again. What do you know, one week later the fault reappears!

I have also had this reset done at the Rover Shop where I was charged about $50. This time I simply bought my own EAS USB and reset my suspension in about 2 minutes. Thanks Land Rover Calgary, for nothing. It was also nice to see this service representative roll his eyes while talking to customers on the phone....what a bad attitude.

Landrover4ever

Reaction score
Another overhaul needed at Landrover Calgary

Still waiting for a response from Landrover ( it's only been four working days ) I bought my used Landrover from these people and have nothing but great things to say about the sales wish I could say the same about the service department. They did not listen to me when I explained that I have an electrical issue. I live out of town and take my Landrover to a reputable mechanic where I live. My usual mechanic explained I have an electrical issues involving my tyre gage ( it's always on) and explained I had to take it to Landrover as they did not have the appropriate equipment to fix this. After explaining this to Land Rover twice ( once when I booked the appointment on the phone and again at the service desk when I arrived ) I had a 9 am appointment but was explained they only has two technicians on and one was already booked for a four hour fix. They finally got to my vehicle at around 12:30 and just added air to my tyres - guess what light went out! In their minds they fixed the problem....NOT. They called and said my vehicle was ready. When I went to start up my vehicle light was on! They then took it back to the service department and finally decided to run the electrical scan... Guess what I do have an electrical issue and now they have no time to fix it as the shop was closing. I now have to drive there again... Like I said still waiting to hear from them after my complaint and frustration... And to add insult to injury someone in the service department has sticky fingers and took my emergency $5 I leave in my console. Awesome customer service .... Debating driving to Landrover Edmonton - it's only 5 hours from where I live....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635