Land Rover / Jaguar Production Schedule Leaked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as the deal was inked, apparently someone leaked Jaguar and Land Rover's production schedule for the next 8-9 years. Very interesting to see. The article said that as part of the sale, Tata has agreed to current plans for the next five years, so these are probably pretty solid. Beyond that, clearly anything can happen.

Big thing for the LR3: Probably no major redesign until 2015ish. Small redesign in 2010 with a new V8 and better interiors (hopefully a diesel too).

-Rich

Jaguar
For 2009, Jaguar will roll out an R version of its all-new XF sedan, plus an up-rated and XKR — nothing really new there. In addition to the new 5.0-liter supercharged V8 — delivering 500 horsepower — a naturally aspirated version of the same engine — producing 380 horsepower — will also be offered in Jaguar models (though it's unclear which ones).

Land Rover
Changes scheduled for Land Rover next year include a revised Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. The SUV's interiors will get the most attention, but Jag's 5.0-liter V8 will also be added under the hood.

Jaguar
Jaguar will launch its all-new flagship XJ sedan in 2010. The XJ will take on some styling cues from the XF, but will remain more luxury-oriented than the XF. The new XJ will remain the same size, but its interior volume should increase thanks to better packaging.

Jaguar's ill-fated X-Type will finally get the ax in 2010. As previously reported, U.S. sales have already ended.

Land Rover
The LR3 will see a face lift in 2010, with a heavy emphasis on improving interior quality and fit and finish. Jaguar's aforementioned 380 horsepower 5.0L V8 will likely find its way under the 2010 LR3's hood, too.

Land Rover
Land Rover's LRX concept will make production in 2011, but it remains unclear what Land Rover will call it. LR1 is in the mix but could be too entry-level and, on the opposite side of the coin, LR4 could be too up-market. Whatever Land Rover decides the name the SUV, the road-going version of the LRX will have a hybrid option.

Jaguar
Jaguar's long-awaited throw-back sports car will finally make production in 2012. Currently dubbed the F-Type — although the production model could be called the XK-E — Jaguar is currently deciding whether to base the car on the XF or XK.

Land Rover
For 2012, a seven-seater version of the LRX is possible. Details remain scarce, but Land Rover is said to be aiming for the Mini Clubman's uniqueness.

Jaguar
The range-extending Jaguar XF coupe should bow in 2013, although it still needs the green light from the company's new owners. With the XF sedan bowing this year, it begs the question why the world must wait until 2013 for a two-door version. But then again, it took Cadillac a while to produce the CTS coupe.

Contrary to recent rumors, there are no plans for an XF drop-top or wagon.

Land Rover
Land Rover's flagship Range Rover will be completely overhauled for 2013, and the changes will see the SUV become larger and more stylish. Perhaps the most staggering news about the new Range Rover is that it will sticker for an astonishing $200,000, thanks to its Bentley-like appointments. But despite the Range Rover's growth in luxury in size, fuel economy will see an increase — due to the use of light-weight materials and an available hybrid powertrain.

Jaguar
2014 should see an all-new XF, complete with an all-alloy body construction. Little else is known about the next-generation XF but it will be designed alongside the 2015 XJ to keep costs down.

Land Rover
An all-new Range Rover Sport will bow in 2014 and will also switch to an all-aluminum body.

A new Land Rover Defender is also a possibility for 2014, although nothing is set in stone. However, Tata is said to be carefully considering the project as the Indian automaker has a growing interest in a rugged 4×4 model that could be sold throughout the world — think Toyota Land Cruiser.

2015-2016
Jaguar
An all-new XJ will join the Jaguar lineup.

Land Rover
Land Rover is due for a new LR3 sometime in 2015 or 2016, although it remains unclear what platform the new SUV will ride on.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Tata just slap us in the face? 2014: a 'rugged' land rover, think Land Cruiser?? Bah.
P.S. Why don't ya do what Ford wouldn't and bring diesels and Defenders our way? Pleeeeeeeuzzz??

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did Tata just slap us in the face? 2014: a 'rugged' land rover, think Land Cruiser?? Bah.
P.S. Why don't ya do what Ford wouldn't and bring diesels and Defenders our way? Pleeeeeeeuzzz??
Hmmm - I think it would be pretty difficult for Tata to be having too much of an impact on LR's roadmap just yet. My guess is that some of the wording above is conjecture by the magazine who wrote this up.

And I totally agree on your final two points.

-RIch

broiler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice find.

As far as the "ill-fated X-type", my wife has one and we love it. It's been a great car and with 62,000 miles (2004 model) we've had almost zero problems with it. Very distinctive looking and pleasure to drive. A couple of tweaks and better marketing and they could have had a real winner. The cool thing about her car is that no one else has one like it in the unique purple/cobalt blue color:

101805012qq8.jpg

"Just so you know the new forum software will cause some text and photos to be held for a moderator to approve... if you didn't get an error, give me or the other mods a little bit to approve the post"

Last edited by a moderator:

broiler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
test - I'm having problems replying to this

broiler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the "ill-fated X-type". . .

My wife has a 2004 X-type with 64K miles and it's been a total pleasure. We love this car and it has had almost no problems and it's a blast to drive. Jaguar just needed better marketing and a few tweaks and they could of had a winner. The good thing is that they are very rare, and especially in the cobalt blue - purple color, so she always gets comments and is instantly recognized.

Last edited:

broiler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hmpf: Sorry for the multiple posts guys. I just kept getting a white screen full of error messages whenever I tried to post the pic.

Attachments

• 101805012ve5.jpg
    101805012ve5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99