Leaky Mess!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check the cheap hose clamps that run between the resevoir and the pump. the will leak bad until replace... less than a $10 fix.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raider4life58 said:
ok, dropped it off with a mechanic and after several hours he tells me its the PS pump and needs to be replaced.. but. I never got any warning signs.. squeeling, hard steering, etc.... can it be the seals instead of the whole pump? He's telling me it about 8 hours of labor at $600 bucks!!....anyone got anyideas?

I too had a PS pump fail without any warning, but it 'may' be due to an extremely cold day and being frozen. Seems strange, but anythings possible I guess...

The price seems about right for what I wound up paying, but 8 hours is not right. It took my shop about 3.5 hours - tops. You could try to obtain a used or new pump for less, and do the work yourself. Or just have your shop do the swap. It's a really small pump surprisingly. Make sure they use the proper fluids during the install.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink