Leaving LR... For now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not quite official but in a couple weeks it will be official. I'm leaving LR and switching over to Lexus GX 460. First of all I want to make it very clear that I have loved my LR4. My reason for switching is really about timing. My lease is ending in a few months, I'm due for my 45k service, tires and brakes are most likely needing replacement/work, and I'm not completely sold on the 2014 model. The way I see it is if I'm going to be shelling out cash I would rather it be towards a new vehicle rather than one I'm getting rid of in a few months.

I don't want to give size although I fully realize the GX is a bit smaller inside than the LR4. I think I will be very happy with the Lexus. I also feel like I will return to LR in the future. I have had nothing but a positive experience with every aspect of LR from sales to service. Hopefully LR makes solid choices in the future and the 2017 LR4 I will be a spectacular piece of machinery. Time will tell.

JDiehl

Reaction score
Good luck with your choice I am sure you w enjoy the GX.

For me its LR or the Silver Star.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think the GX is a good vehicle. In many ways more practical to own than an LR.

But at the same time, if we were all totally sane and logical, we wouldn't own a LR right? The LR has more of a soul, but is harder to own. Its really a different type of animal.

But like I said, the GX is good and sane. When you get off your meds again though, make sure and come back to the club!

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Well thanks for the sentiment. Like I said I really have enjoyed driving the LR4 and luckily for me it wasn't that hard to own. I was relatively problem free.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually think the new front facia of the Gx460 is waaaay better than the weirdly shape older version. The new is more aggressive. If Lexus would have started with that front in 2010, I would have considered it more than I did. My sister has a 2010 and I've driven a few times but feel like the v8 is a little lacking. That said, it doesn't rattle or squeak as much as my lr4.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you get off your meds again though, make sure and come back to the club!

Hahahaha! This is so true! So many aspects of my life are crazy, so I compliment it with owning an LR4. I guess if I were more "normal", I'd probably get a less quirky SUV.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually think the new front facia of the Gx460 is waaaay better than the weirdly shape older version. The new is more aggressive. If Lexus would have started with that front in 2010, I would have considered it more than I did. My sister has a 2010 and I've driven a few times but feel like the v8 is a little lacking. That said, it doesn't rattle or squeak as much as my lr4.

You know if I did have a complaint about the LR4 is the rattles and squeaks. My wife thinks I'm nuts but it drives me crazy if I hear a rattle or squeak. I did notice that the GX was like a vault inside.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had a rattle the other day -- but it turned out to be a pair of ski poles in the back! No rattles or squeaks here (knock on wood).

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im amazed by how quite mine is. And I have the cargo barrier (cage as my wife calls it) with a huge tool box full of metal crap. Also the roof rack, sliders, ladder and removed all the areo plastic bits off the front, etc... AT tires.... its still dead quite.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im amazed by how quite mine is. And I have the cargo barrier (cage as my wife calls it) with a huge tool box full of metal crap. Also the roof rack, sliders, ladder and removed all the areo plastic bits off the front, etc... AT tires.... its still dead quite.

Everytime I see another LR4 on the road I always wonder if they have the rattles and squeaks that mine does.:frown: If yours is that quiet I would say you are lucky.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM