lettering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone been able to get "discovery 3" lettering? i would like to replace the LR3 on the back of my vehicle with the native badging. let me know if you know of anyone in the US that can get it or a UK company willing to ship it over. thanks.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could probably get the real deal, PM me, but The 2004 Discovery badging is the same color code, type and size, and available US fairly EZ @ your local dealer. Get that, pull your LR3 badge, save the 3 and renew the double sided tape.

Bily Lovec

Reaction score
been meaning to ask,
does the hard lettering come ovff easily ?
Im thinking of removing all but the oval badging, go for the clean look....

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is all double sided tape.

All the badging is double sided tape. Use a plastic utensil to pry on the letter (in case you slip), and a plastic fulcrum on the body if needed. You may have to work around the edges to get it loose. Typically, they come off fairly easy, tape and all. There may be some adhesive residue. Goof Off, or any adhessive remover can take off the remains, but will also strip wax, so of course, wax the spot after removal. Or, wax the whole car if time allows.

ejr13

Reaction score
I have been thinking of removing mine as well. Would a hairdryer / heat help to get them off easier?

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of removing mine as well. Would a hairdryer / heat help to get them off easier?

i debadge or change emblems on almost every vehicle i have owned. a heat gun usually helps but may deform the badge when taking it off. bodyshops have plastic razorblades or you can use fishing line to cut through the tape. then as stated follow up with some goo gone or whatever you have. heat will prevent the paint from lifting. i have taken paint off with some vehicles before.

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been overseas and all they are is discovery three nothing really impressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink