Lifting 2004 Discovery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone does a lift to their 2003 / 2004 Land Rover Discovery?

Ive been searching Expedition Exchange and have been very interested in purchasing the Old Man Emu springs and Old Man Emu Shocks.

I am having difficulty figuring out which sets I would need to purchase in order to obtain a 3" or so lift.

Does anyone have suggestions on which ones?

Thanks,
Alessandro Garabaghi

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
3" is or so will require more than just springs... you will have to change several other parts to keep the Rover happy and you as well.

You can also find good info here: http://www.rovertym.com/

I would also call and talk to Bill at Great Basin Rovers: http://www.greatbasinrovers.com/
Bill knows more about rovers than most people have forgotten.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I think i might just settle for the standard 2" lift. I just spoke with my friend and his truck is lifted 2" and it faily noticable. So i think 3 might just be an over **** for my needs.

Would u recommend spending the extra on the Old Man Emu shocks over the blistines?

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know how to offroad or do you think that adding height will automatically give you the knowledge to offoroad.

cause a standard land rover discovery can do alot more then you think.

if I were you I would spend the money on diff guards and front plate guards and off road tires and then build your abilty up and if you still feel you need bigger then go bigger.

nothing is more pathetic then a guy who jacks his rover up and doesnt know how to drive it offroad.

if you think I am kidding go watch scenes from the G4 competition. plain spec discoverys with a winch and some protection underneath.

no lift kits required.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Shocks are a preference... I have bilsteins, but I do a lot of highway miles... if I were doing more off roading, then I would go with OME.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112