LiftMaster garage door opener suck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Sommer garage door opener. It is made in Germany, uses a DC motor and is quiet. If you have a room over the garage you probably won't hear the door open. It works great with the Homelink system. The instructions in the LR manual aren't clear on the programming. I had to go on the Homelink site to learn how to program it. When the LR manual says you have to press the button on the mirror 3 times you have to hit the learn button on the opener press the button on the mirror, hit the learn button on the opener the second time and press the button the mirror the second time, then do the same a third time.

Vytec

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my issue wasn't a singular one. I have a 2014 LR4 HSE and have the same issue. Crazy thing is that during the day usually I can open the doors without issue from the road as I enter my driveway. But at dusk and at night, I have to pull right up to the door and hold the button for a really long time. Or get out and use the keypad to open the door. Very frustrating. I will give the repeater a try and see if that resolves the issue.

I had a 2016 Disco for a loaner for a few days and that one had no issues with the door. It worked perfectly. I even had them replace my rearview mirror in hopes that the Homelink would be updated on it and would resolve the issue. but it didn't.

Felixlatorre

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new here. I'm reading about your issue please with the garage door opener. I have a craftsman one brand new and I had the same issue with my LR4 2016. I calked to Homelink and they recommended to buy a repeater like I did. Was easy to install and program. I get it from Amazon for $40.00. And comes with a transmitter. But like you said, this trucks are all tech but this make no sense at all.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my issue wasn't a singular one. I have a 2014 LR4 HSE and have the same issue. Crazy thing is that during the day usually I can open the doors without issue from the road as I enter my driveway. But at dusk and at night, I have to pull right up to the door and hold the button for a really long time. Or get out and use the keypad to open the door. Very frustrating. I will give the repeater a try and see if that resolves the issue.

I had a 2016 Disco for a loaner for a few days and that one had no issues with the door. It worked perfectly. I even had them replace my rearview mirror in hopes that the Homelink would be updated on it and would resolve the issue. but it didn't.
The homelink won't work at all without the repeater.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72