Locked Out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VooDude

Reaction score
Hi,

just got home after a couple weeks away and I'm locked out. I have an 05 LR3. The remote wouldn't work so I popped the driver's door lock cover and tried with the key. No luck. I'm assuming that the battery is dead but I tried to pop the hood and without the initial release from inside (which I can't get to) the outside latch isn't releasing.

HELP!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sam

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you got the right key and/or car? :wink: Seriously though, you should be able to open the driver door with the emergency lock (and pop the hood open once you get inside), regardless of battery conditions. That's what the emergency lock is for...

Last edited:

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you would ...yet...if you have a second key try to open the door with the other set...

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Voodude..same thing happened to me but key only failed on me for a couple of hours..but I popped the manual lock cover off the door and it took me a few minutes to try and figure out how the key worked.. The vehicle started once I got in but the remote would arm or disarm. Then all of a sudden it did. We had snow storm that day so I wasnt sure if the cold had anything to do with it. No probs since..

VooDude

Reaction score
Thanks . . . Got It!

I really had to torque the key in the emergency lock. It was to the point that I thought I might rip the key out of the remote. But it didn't and I got in.

Thanks all ! !

-Sam

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM