Loud Tone from Sound System at startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'12, I recently installed an ARB bumper and made some changes to the truck. This included disabling the park-distance sensors via IID. Since completing all of this work, when I start up the truck, I get a very loud tone for about 3-5 seconds over the sound system. It happens right away after ignition and stops. Everything else 'works' on the truck and park distance is fully disabled. Only happens at ignition, in Park. But it is very annoying. Anyone have a thought or experience with this?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you disable PDC in IIDTool? Changed it to "Not Fitted"? Is there a blinking light on the PDC button when the tone is playing at startup? I guess I could try disabling mine and see if I get the same results.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly right, changed it to not fitted. I'll change it to rear only and see what it does. PDC button just blinks when you put it in reverse but the tone happens before this.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM