Lower Control Arm Bushing Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spookie721

Reaction score
One add on:

5. There are no problems noted by the car. No errant faults, DSC or 4ETC being unhappy. The panel is clear and all Air Suspension Modes as well as Off Road Modes are operating flawlessly.

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice job!
I just replaced my entire control arm a few months back, but plan to replace the bushings on the arms I took out and use those the next time (or maybe sooner). Will probably go this route with the orange polybush.

armybuck041

Reaction score
I've also been running the full set of orange Polybush (front and rear, upper and lower) for a few thousand miles now. I did the Swaybar bushings at the same time. I'm very pleased with the results. They are nice and quiet. The ride is a tad firmer, but nothing like some of the horror stories with the red ones.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for you that it worked out well. I'm going to stick with OE since at the rate I put on miles these days, I only have to replace them every 10 years!

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have found my clunk its the rear damper weights the rubbers must be worn out. After about a 14hr trany service and cat delete nitemare :(. But soooo glad i did

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the part numbers for those damper rubbers, might be handy for other folks.

spookie721

Reaction score
Parts

Hi there. Here is the list of parts I used to do the job.
As well as the web side of Atlantic British.

http://www.roverparts.com/

CAHK Control Arm Hardware Kit x2 - Does One Side-Lower Arm
Includes Items below:
I000034 Control Arm Camber Bolt Lower Arm
RYF000203 Control Arm Camber Washer Front Lower
FX116056 Nut 16MM Rear Lower Control Arm Front Bushing
FY116056G Nut For 14MM Lower Control Arm Bushing Bolt And Ball Joint (Did not use this one, because the job can be done without removing the Ball Joint)

LR025159POLYO Polybush Front Lower Suspension Rear Of Arm (Pair)
RBX500311POLYO Polybush Front Lower Suspension Front Of Arm (Pair)

Total cost US$ 192.80

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great post, and good to know it can be done DIY. I had both LCAs replaced entirely, after 2 shops telling me it was cost prohibitive to do just the bushings.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's cost prohibitive per se....I think it's simply cheaper/easier to do the entire arm. ...or the cost is a wash because on one hand the bushings are cheap but the labor is intensive and on the other hand the LCAs are more expensive but the labor is easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM