Lowering suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

escociabhoy

Reaction score
I'm having a problem getting the my '05 HSE to lower, it will raise no problem when I select off road mode, however it will not lower or go into access mode. The only way to get the vehicle to lower back to normal height is to drive at 30-35 mph and get the vehicle to lower automatically. I took it to the dealership and they told me it was the ECU that needed to be replaced, they quoted $800 which I obviously turned down. I found a suspension ECU online for $250, does anyone have any experience replacing this ECU, I would like to do it myself so I'm looking for any helpful tips and pictures if anyone has any.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of this problem but when anything goes wrong, they like to claim ECU. Is it possible the switch is bad? Again, I haven't heard of it, but it seems like a cheap place to start. When you move the switch to lower it, does the light move to the lower level as it should? my $.02
For $800 I'd just lower it when I got to 35 :)

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Can you switch from 4 HI to 4 LO? When I first bought my LR3 I had the same suspension problem...and the 4 HI/LO switch didn't work either. Don't know what the cause ended up being since it was fix-it item at the time of sale for the dealership.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99