LR-4 Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenAir

Reaction score
Im Traveling in TX right now and my wife tried to strart the LR-4 today and nothing happened. When she walked up the doors unlocked for her and the Nav screen came on. When she tried to start, nothing. Not even the no smart key warning. She couldnt even get it to turn accessories on. She decided to go back in and wait to see what happend a little later. When she came back out about ten min later the front LEDs were flashing, thats the only lights flashing, and there is a ticking sound inside. Like the emergency flasher but they are not on. She cant lock the Rover from the key FOB or the doors and the flashing LEDs wont stop flashing. Any Ideas other than a dead battery, and that makes no sence.

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a light has been left on and the battery is flat........... Would seem right from the description....

KenAir

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking but why would the front LEDs be flashing? Why would it unlock and systems start to spool up? Yea the battery could have been very weak and had enough juice to unlock and start the spool up of systems, but why the flashing LEDs?

michael123

Reaction score
hi, i m michael, i also used LEDs for flashing i once again decided to go back in and wait to see what happend a little later. When she came back out about ten min later the front LEDs were flashing, thats the only lights flashing, and there is a ticking sound inside. Like the emergency flasher but they are not on. Regards

arogin

Reaction score
did you have an iphone or smartphone near the car? land rover wont admit it, but they are causing software issues with the LR4 which could result in it not starting. there is a very quiet bulletin circulating around the land rover dealers. they had to buy my first one back. # 2 is now having problems as well....

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... does the smart phone include blackberry too? I have a BlackBerry9000 and never exprienced non start problem.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the brake applied during the start attempt?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge