LR Dead Last in JD Power Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
build 12/04. Not one problem, save the low coolant warning. Rember the JD report? Avg is 2 problems per vehicle, vs. .97 for porsche. That is so NOT a big deal. If you base your decision on this forum, you'll think you're gonna have 60 problems. As I've said, I just hope the longer term quality keeps up better than past rovers and keeping this vehicle past warranty period may be more worrisome. Hopefully not, time will tell. All in all, I'm very very pleasantly surprised so far.

X

xcursion

All in all, I would think most of us knew what we were getting into when we bought this car. Am I surprised that LR showed up dead last in JD report, NO. Do I wish they can improved, YES. Would I still buy the car knowing what I know now, YES. It's like what Houm said, hot girlfriends tend to have more problems...

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but hot girlfriends don't randomly stop working, or start leaking from unusual places :biggrin:

L

lr3driver

If it is just a number of foks here who have complaints, why it is last in JD powers or even on MSN ? :) It seems that we are the frogs of the well and there are similar issues with LR owners outside of forum as well.

I have owned Subaru, Acura and Beemer. Believe it or not never even a bulb went bad on me except once the seal on axle shaft had started leaking on subaru which was already runing for 8 years !!

I am not saying no one should buy the car. However, I don't see LR doing anything about it

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly you never had a Range Rover Classic. Yes, they are behind the curve. But they have made pretty huge strides. Hell, it took Jeep 50 years to build a CJ who's windshield frame and floor boards didn't rust out in 4 years. How easy should that have been?

L

lr3driver

Agreed.. I can only speak for something which my budget could cover :) I heard all those good stories though :)

M

Michael

lr3driver said:
If it is just a number of foks here who have complaints, why it is last in JD powers or even on MSN ? :) It seems that we are the frogs of the well and there are similar issues with LR owners outside of forum as well.

We could add in Consumer Reports rating, where the Range Rover and LR3 came in fourth and third from last for reliability for Mid-size SUVs. It was off the scale of their chart!

Percent Worse than Average:

Range Rover -91%
LR3 -93%
Porsche Cayanne -133%
Volkswagen Toureg -199%

Surprisingly, the LR3 is rated third best for "Would you buy that car again?"

Lexus RX330 83%
Lexus RH400h 83%
LR3 81%

Worst was the Jeep Grand Cherokee 2WD at 51%

Imagine what the LR3's rating would be if it was more reliable.

Michael

W

Wilkiesr

Any landrover gets you out of the rice bowl, And thats a good thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink