LR initiation? Loud thunk from front end...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving slowly through a parking garage this am, and I was headed up a ramp. The wheels were straight, and there was a pretty big thunk/grind coming from what seemed like the front right. The truck was at 'normal' height.

So I proceeded up to the next level, and at full right lock, there was some pretty good grinding/popping from what seemed to be front right. And then I thought I noticed a click/click/click as the wheel was rotating, but that seems to have gone away.

I took the truck out for a spin later on, and did some figure eights in an empty parking lot, and all seemed fine.

Any ideas on what it may have been? I took a quick look under, but couldnt really investigate because of where we were. A quick 30 second inspection didnt reveal anything amiss.

Almost seemed like a cv joint going, but it's odd that it's seemed to get better. Boots seemed fine, and no signs of grease anywhere.

I'm going to make an appt to bring it into Manhattan LR, not sure if anyone has experience with them either.

Truck is a stock 08 HSE.

Thanks.

-jpl

jpljpl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after trying to repro the noise today, it seems that it almost always happens when I'm pulling into or leaving a driveway ramp with the wheels turned.

On level ground, everything is smooth. I guess it could be control arm bushings, which is hopefully an easy warrantied fix.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had the same thing happen and it turned out to be a control arm on the right front side. Luckly it was under warranty.

Attachments

• cleghorn2.jpg
    cleghorn2.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 51
  • CLEGHORN RESIZED.jpg
    CLEGHORN RESIZED.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads