LR3 Extended Warranties? 2005 LR3 HSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
hi all,
i have been reading the links on warranty info and am completely confused on whether to get one or not. i have heard good stories and bad stories, and a friend says i should just trade in, down size and get a new vehicle with a full new warranty and better gas milage. i would prefer to keep my LR3, so i was curious if anyone has had experience or bought an "extended warranty" from a company called: Great American Insurance Group, PREMIER ESSENTIAL VSC (vehicle service contract) ? this is being offered by my LR dealer whom i bought my new 2005 LR3 HSE from. (Hornburg Land Rover in LA,CA) they are telling me Land Rover warranties are too expensive now that Land Rover has been sold and are offering this instead. (has anyone else been told this?? or believe this?)
I have 2 months left before my 4 years are up and only have 19k miles on it.
they are offering EXCLUSIONARY coverage for:
36 month / 60,000 mile $100 Deductible $2,836
48 month / 60,000 mile $100 Deductible $2,925
60 month / 60,000 mile $100 Deductible $3,137
saying they will pay for the warranty inspection and saying that these prices are $500 dollars off list price. (so they say)
any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
it does say items that need replacement on a regular basis such as battery and cables, lights and bulbs, tires, brake pads, drums and shoes, exhaust system components, SHOCK ABSORBERS AND STRUT CARTRIDGES are NOT covered.
so not sure if this includes the LR3 air shocks/suspension...??
THANKS! steve

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have experience with that company and it's hard to make a call without seeing the contract. I did buy a warranty from Easy Care-http://www.easycare.com/. They seem to have comprehensive coverage and will provide a quote based on your mileage and model year. I highly recommend doing this. If you have a major repair, such as differential or similar drive train issue, it is well worth it.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohyeahhh,

I recently purchased the Ford brand ESP Premium Care plan. It is an "exclusionary" plan, just like the LR factory plan (except better imho). I bought the 4 year/48K for $2600. This warranty covers everything (except interior trim pieces like leather seats and squeaking plastic). You should be able to contract specifics in the ESP thread, but for my money it was the best.

Lots of people will give you advice on which way to go. Bottom line is to make sure YOU understand what you are signing and that whom ever you are buying this warranty from is willing to stand behind you (and their warranty) whilst at the dealer.

Good Luck

Last edited:

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer wanted almost 7k for an extended warranty. I told them no thanks, because at the time gas prices were high and sales were down so I'd be better off upgrading to a newer one. unfortunately, at the time that wasn't possible nor was i able to find another option for the extended warranty. Now there appears to be several.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oyeah, did you end up with that warranty? My dealer is pimping it to me as well, have to make my decision very soon.

Thanks.

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
hi there dropper,
i have not purchased yet. where i am at now is... i asked my dealer about the ford warranty, he said he did not know of it, than i asked him about the easy care warranty that was mentioned above, he had heard of it and when he looked into it further, prices where cheaper than his original PREMIER ESSENTIAL VSC quote. so now as of 2 weeks ago.. he is saying Easy CARE 5 year / 60k for 2860.00 i believe that include a "Free inspection/worth 290.00" and 500 dollars off. i still have about a month before i need to make my decision so i have started looking around at new car/suv specials also. the main reason i have my LR3 is to transport my 2 great danes. i dont really get to use it as i should as i live in the heart off hollywood, which causes me to get about 8 to 9mpg. start / stop and start and stop, again... i had to get my brakes done at 14k. (with no rock or trail use..) i love my LR3 but with this economy i can not afford any crazy repairs which somehow get denied by the warranty provider. so trying to weigh all options. what has your dealer pitched you?

Last edited:

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
hi there dropper,
i have not purchased yet. where i am at now is... i asked my dealer about the ford warranty, he said he did not know of it, than i asked him about the easy care warranty that was mentioned above, he had heard of it and when he looked into it further, prices where cheaper than his original PREMIER ESSENTIAL VSC quote. so now as of 2 weeks ago.. he is saying Easy CARE 5 year / 60k for 2860.00 i believe that include a "Free inspection/worth 290.00" and 500 dollars off. i still have about a month before i need to make my decision so i have started looking around at new car/suv specials also. the main reason i have my LR3 is to transport my 2 great danes. i dont really get to use it as i should as i live in the heart off hollywood, which causes me to get about 8 to 9mpg. start / stop and start and stop, again... i had to get my brakes done at 14k. (with no rock or trail use..) i love my LR3 but with this economy i can not afford any crazy repairs which somehow get denied by the warranty provider. so trying to weigh all options. what has your dealer pitched you?

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pitched the same as your original deal. I'm in SF area.

I also don't put many miles on the car and haven't had any mechanical problems... I've had many things fixed, but almost all under recall or more 'wear-and-tear' items.

Instead of forking out $3k plus deductibles I think I might just roll the bones. The car can't be worth too much anyway in this economy.

Love the Great Danes.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
oyeahhhhhh, I approved one of your 6 posts. System blocked it because it thought it was spam... sorry.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo