LR3 headlights burning out quickly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3_fan

Reaction score
I am replacing my headlights every 3months, is that a common issue? LR3 has running daylights so the headlights are ON whenever the car is in drive. I am using GE Nighthawk Platinum - which are quite expensive for halogens, but so far have been replaced twice since Feb'10 under their warranty. Do you have experience using other brand/model that might last longer? The silver lining: i am becoming a pro taking apart the grill and the headlights.:wink:

King Angels

Reaction score
s there water getting into the headlight assembly? When you change the bulb do not touch the glass of the bulb the saly in our skin shortens bulb life. Look at the electrical connection at the bulb socket it may be offering high resistance.

LR3_fan

Reaction score
I am careful not to touch the bulb during installation, and i do not see any moisture in the headlights. how do i check the resistance of the connectors? could this be a heat issue? has anyone run the headlights without securing the sealed cap on the back of the headlight assembly

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo