LR3/LR4 or the Range Rover off road?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My comment about articulation was based on what I read in the RR booklet...but like I said earlier, that was for a 2008 so I'm not sure if it has changed.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My comment about articulation was based on what I read in the RR booklet...but like I said earlier, that was for a 2008 so I'm not sure if it has changed.

Weird, the info I got was from rangerovers.net about a MK III Rangie... I wonder if they screwed it up since i doubt LR made the articulation worse from when they first introduced the MKIII

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I still had the book I'd just go double-check...I think my wife threw it away!

RAJOD

Reaction score
Interesting, a while back I was wheelin (bone stock) with a (bone stock) FFRR. We both had to go up and over this muddy hill with relatively steep approach and break over angles and I got up in in one try (with a little help of the skinny pedal :biggrin:) and he on the other hand probably took at least 4 or 5 tries before he got up. The problem seemed to be that he could get to the top and get the front wheels over but couldn't pull his backside up and over and kind just sat at the top spinning all four wheels trying to grab on something up there so finally he just really gunned it and momentum took over never really over coming the lack of traction issue

... and by bone stock I mean I still had the goodFORONEyear wranglers on the LR3

That does not mean much. I went driving with a couple of RR in my LR3 with Perreli zeros. They both got stuck where I got through. Had nothing to do with the vehicles. Sometimes the driver does make a difference. I am much more aggressive than they are, I use momentum to my advantage while they prefer to crawl.

I could get in the RR and not get stuck and they would bury the LR3 simply because they are less aggressive drivers.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...then there is the question of toughness. With the monocoque body AND the full frame of the LR3, I think it is just a more durable animal than the RR.

The way mine (and a lot of ours) is set up, with the 2" lift and 32" off-roading tires, I think the LR3 would by far out-shine any RR on the trail. I've never seen one with tires on it besides one that had stock sized MT/Rs back when they made them in the 255/55R19 size.

While we're at it, I think the LR3 is better than the LR4 off-road too, simply because larger tires can be fitted w/o modification.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe NOBODY bit on this !!!

Ha!

It is probably because a RR owners don't read a comments on poor man's LR as is LR3, forums.

I just got back from Maine Winter Romp and conditions were very challenging this time around , a LOT of deep snow .All the RR owners that showed up did not even tried to go out on the trails, opting to ride shotgun in somebody's else trucks instead.I guess it is just down to a psychological issue, to not receive any trail damage and such.
They say a average RR owner comes from an 500 Thousand a year income , so it was me with that , i could certainly afford to bomb the F**k out of this wonderful truck and would not mind to get a few scratches and such on the trail.This car deserve to be treated properly as we treat our poorer cousins,LR3s.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either they don't read our forum....or they can't argue the statement! Or are too scared to find out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635