LR3 not accelerating properly....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newthings

Reaction score
I have had my LR3 for about 9 months (A 2008), so everything is new and I can only compare to less technology based cars. Like Bill Gates used to say about a new version of Windows,"It's not a bug, it's a feature".

Throttle response has a lag. It's like the car sort of "Gathers its self", and then flings you down the road. Computer lag for an electronic throttle, is as good an explanation as any, but more experienced people than me should have an opinion.

I wish it was more immediate in throttle response, so any help would be appreciated.
Roy

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My BMW 750i did the same thing and so did the LR3. In my case I reset the adaptive driving program (AKA Throttle Body Adaptation) and all went back to normal acceleration and no lurching. Most cars with adaptive driving will encounter this problem at some time and point. Resetting it usually works - unless there is something else going on.

The following is the BMW RESET procedure, same applies to LR3 accept instead of 5 seconds do it for 30 seconds in step "4":

1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.
  2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter turns over. BMW: press start button – foot off brake - all idiot lights on.
  3. Press the gas pedal to the floor till you feel a slight "click" with the key in the "on" position. BMW: All idiot lights on.
  4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off position". BMW: foot off brake press start button - all idiot lights now off (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
  5. Wait a full 2 minutes for a full electronic alignment. Don't remove the key.
  6. Start engine, drive the car, notice the difference.

Last edited:

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some around town driving today and either I've become accustomed to adjusting for the lag or it's gone. However, I do recall experiencing it on higher speed and highway driving in sudden acceleration periods.
Your reset technique resolves that lag so there is none at all? Interesting....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geo, just to clarify...what you are calling the "on" position is the spot where ANY further rotation of the key will result in the LR3 starting?

Diesel101

Reaction score
had the throttle body replaced by dealer and it solved my problem. It was under warranty at the time.good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72