lr3 rear side window defrost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajun81

Reaction score
So the great ice apocalypse hit the Austin area today for the second time in a month. But last night I left the lr3 out. It is a new to me lr3 for about two months now so I am still learning. I have searched the board and could not find much on the rear side window not defrosting. i have the cold weather package and the front windshield, rear window and side mirrors all defrost, but the rear side windows do not. You can see the heating elements that run through them. I have not had a chance to run through the fuses yet. but if that the case and someone knows what fuse to look for please let me know. I already have one to replace for the windshield washer fluid.

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

Still missing the F250 a little. I would not have this problem on it, but then again it did not have this feature.

Last edited:

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking fuses. I'm also thinking forget the local dealer, I'm in Austin as well. PM me with your e-mail and I'll get you owners manuals and service manuals, and help you look it over if you need it, and suggest a local independent.

Did you try the defrost switch on the right hand of the hvac panel?

I admit, I'm not an expert on this option, but I believe the cold climate package includes a heated windshield and heated seats. I drove one once, the side windows did not have defrost electronics in the windows that I could see.

Cold Climate Package CCP $ 956 $ 1,050 SE/HSE
Includes heated front windshield, heated
front- and second-row seats (two heating
levels) and heated windshield washer jets.

Engine Compartment Fuse Panel
# / Amps / Description
15 30 Heated front windshield
16 10 Heated door mirrors
18 30 Heated front windshield
Cabin Fuse
# / Amps / Description
13 25 Heated rear window

Last edited:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those are not heating elements in the far back side windows. I have read two thoughts...that they are glass breakage sensors connected to the alarm and that they are AM & FM antennas.

Not sure which explanation is correct but I doubt those windows have heating elements.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 was born in Chicago before it moved to Austin so it has the cold climate package. Can confirm TLTs notes on the options of heated seats, front screen and washer jets. The rear elements are radio and TV antennae....

Never thought I would use the seats much but in the recent Icemageddon that struck, it was very comfy :)

cajun81

Reaction score
stmcknig,

i did not think i would use the cold weather package that much. but after the the last few weeks it has been nice.

i live in Georgetown and drive to work in round rock. with the f250 it would still be cold and hardly blowing heat. with the LR3 its toasty in no time.

And as a side note my 3 is also green. i am about to plasti-dip my wheels and decals if it ever warms up so i can detail the wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM