LR3 Regular Cleaning and keeping it looking Good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

It's not been too long since I purchased a new LR3 V8 SE7. Very happy with the purchase so far, absolutly love the truck :)
I would really appreciate some feedback regarding the regular cleaning of the truck and to keep it looking as great as it looks right now. Can you guys give me some tips regarding the products to use and your experiences with these products and also where to buy them for:
Cleaning Tires and rims
Cleaning the plastic on the outside of the truck (i.e. the wheel arches, bumper, plastic on the outside of the door pillers etc.)
Cleaning the interior dash and center console
Cleaning, wax/polish the Exterior body
Cleaning and maintaining the leather interior
Cleaning and maintaining the interior carpet
Cleaning the windshield and other glass surfaces on the SUV
Any other part that I should pay special attention to regarding cleaning/maintaining.

Thanks

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you cart around clients, or are more ****-retentive than most :biggrin:, a spotlessly clean Land Rover is like a fish with antlers. It might be nice, but it's not natural.

:biggrin:

K

kdailey356

Moose, give him a break, it is a brand new vehicle, and anyone would baby a new car!
I have a 2006 LR3 HSE, it is chawton white, I maintain the exterior with P21s which works fantastic, and a saddle cleaner for the leather provided by my local retailer for leathers... etc.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one, only and best:

http://www.meguiars.com/

They have EVERYTHING. Not to mention detailing tips and tricks.

I have used their products for years for interior and exterior and love them.

If you have extra funds put a clear bra on the front of the Rover. Helps keep bugs, chips to a minimum.

You can also paint your plastic pieces. I chose not to as I like the contrast.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All kidding aside, I agree with Echoes. Meguiars is VERY good stuff, and if I gave a rip about the outside appearance of my truck I would use it on the Rover. It's what we use on my wife's Jeep Liberty to keep it nice and shiny :biggrin:

new06

Reaction score
Meguiars makes good stuff but Klasse all in one is better as far as a wax goes, use Lexol leather products(they are cheap and very good), I like Meguiars interior detail spray for the dash and door panels because its not glossy. Get a nice boars hair brush from Griots for the wheels(and keep wax on them so the brake dust comes off easy).I actually wax the glass on the roof to help avoid water spots.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer washes my car after every trail run.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer washes my car after every service/problem fix visit. I've never had to worry about washing it.

LR3Novice

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I am not very **** about keeping my truck nice and shiny, I kinda like it dirty with some mud splats however a car wash every now and then and perhaps once in 6 months have the interior detailed and the exterior waxed and polished is all I had in mind. Just wanted to get everybody's opinions regarding the best products for this type of stuff out there.
Keep the feedbacks coming :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635