LR3 wanders with 7 passengers - need diagnosis help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

km7648

Reaction score
I have a 2006 LR3 (base) with 100k miles on it.

It wanders on the freeway and tends to follow ruts etc. With 7 passengers, the wander is dangerous - it feels very top-heavy and oversteers.

About 10k ago, I replaced the front A-arm bushings and the tires. Today, I checked all suspension components for obvious wear, broken fasteners etc. Everything looks good.

I don't mind spending some $'s to get the right parts but would appreciate any feedback as to the most common problems...:albertein

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good call on the alignment....but it's worth noting that my LR3 has ALWAYS followed the ruts; it's called "tramlining" and it's not uncommon.

km7648

Reaction score
Have you had the alignment checked?

It was done about a year ago but I'm going to run it in have have it re-checked. No noticeable wear but I know that isn't always reliable.

Thanks

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine is loaded down (KLR motorcycle hanging off the tail) and filled with stuff for vacation she would kick in and out of ruts.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good call on the alignment....but it's worth noting that my LR3 has ALWAYS followed the ruts; it's called "tramlining" and it's not uncommon.

Exactly. And typically more prevalent on low-profile, wide tires.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is also a symptom of worn bushings, worn out dampers may also contribute to the problem.

Anti Roll Bar Bushes
Front Upper / Lower (real common) front bushings (change the entire suspension arm)
Rear bushings also wear out, easier to change out the entire arm.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure but that's easy enough to check for....

GeoRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, I need to change my car's front Anti Roll Bar Bushes too. Got the rear ones done a year ago. Something I can do or a shop you recommend for the right price? Maybe want to have the Control Arm bushings looked at also.

Hi locals, I am still here ;)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember Land Rover Seattle doing mine for a fairly cheap price...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99