LR4 Cross Bars, Thule or LR ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waybigdog

Reaction score
Trying to stay true to LR parts however I am intrigued by the Thule AeroBlade Edge here - https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/products/carriers-and-racks/roof-racks?q=odm3ZnDLs .

My main concern is " whistling " which as I have read on other posts in this wonderful forum is a cause for concern. I would rather not get into having to place a strip of velcro at the rear of the bars nor do I want a faring.

What do you guys think ?

2016 HSE Lux Corris Grey
Ebony Windsor
20" Black Design Pack
Vision Assist
Sirius/In Control

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Thule. Switched to the Yakima that MST has as the anchors for the Thule were much more difficult to deal with. The bars themselves are not noticeably noise. When I put my roof rack on with stuff on it that is a different store.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact Thule bars you are asking about on my 2014 LR4 and they were great! Had no impact to MPG and were pretty much silent.

In fact, I still have the mounting fit kit that I need to sell if you decide you want to go the Thule route. I can also post up a pictures of when I had the rack on the vehicle.

I'll give you a deal on the fit kit as I want it out of the dinning room and they no longer make it, so it's hard to find other than eBay sometimes.

waybigdog

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info !

It turns out for 2016 LR4 Whispbar does not fit according to their website and the 2 rack shops I spoke to.
I ended up going Thule Aero Blade and love them. Highly recommend them, they are as quiet as a church mouse.

Thank you again for the posts.
Cheers

2016 HSE Lux Corris Grey
Ebony Windsor
20" Black Design Pack
Vision Assist
Sirius/In Control

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you give the part numbers of the bars, fit kit, and podium you are using?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM