LR4 Transmission Heat Shield & Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c alexander

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part # for both the heat shield & bracket that hangs over the transmission pan on a 2014 LR4?

I have a rattling sound at low RPMs or during cold idle and I suspect one of these may be cracked since they don't appear to be loose.

Here are some pics (could not find anything using the numbers on the shield).

IMG-20190426-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190426-WA0000.jpg

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap I thought those were only on the LR3.. You might want to try tapping on it/ trying to shift it around. Most of the time, the rattles on these are when they get a little bent, and start buzzing up against something else.

Or just take it off. Mine didn't have one, 2012 Lux.. I'm offroad 3 times a month and don't even have a scratch on my pan.. Those plastic fins on the transmission pan are for cooling, give 'em some air..:D

Good luck,

Mike

c alexander

Reaction score
Holy crap I thought those were only on the LR3.. You might want to try tapping on it/ trying to shift it around. Most of the time, the rattles on these are when they get a little bent, and start buzzing up against something else.

Or just take it off. Mine didn't have one, 2012 Lux.. I'm offroad 3 times a month and don't even have a scratch on my pan.. Those plastic fins on the transmission pan are for cooling, give 'em some air..:D

Good luck,

Mike

Thanks Mike, really great info.

It honestly felt very rigid, with virtually no play when trying to tug on it, which is what led me to believe it might be cracked. Dealer just confirmed it is cracked but wants $700 for it.

I honestly might just remove it..

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could take it someplace and have it welded.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it comes off with just a few bolts.. What will suck is getting the bracket off, on the sides there are four 8 or 10mm bolts that have nearly no room to work with.. They are the hardest part of a tranny service on an LR3, IMO..

Mike

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they went back to those on later model years.

My 2012 didn't have them either. I noticed their absence when doing my transmission service a couple months ago.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635