MAF where to buy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leej

Reaction score
Hi all

I am getting codes P0171 and P0174 and I believe its time to replace my mass air flow sensor MAF (2000 D2 with 85,000 miles).

I have seen the discussions about NOT buying aftermarket MAF sensors, cleaning or not to clean, etc., and I am really NOT trying to open of a can of worms discussion here... BUT I am wondering if there is any difference in the two BOSCH parts listed below::hmmmm2:

MAF from Atlantic British
Part Number: ERR7171G
$ 217.95
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/ERR7171G.cfm
OR

MAF from British Parts of Utah (used to be Rover Connection)
Part Number: ERR7171W
$ 145.00
http://www.bputah.com/Disco2 Parts/Land_Range_Rover_Discovery_Mass_Air_Flow_Sensor.html
The ONLY difference in the part numbers above is the "W" versus "G" at the end???

Is there somewhere else that I should be looking for an OEM Bosch MAF??? Any suggestions???

Lee
2000 D2
85,000 miles

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
British Parts of Utah, not because they are cheaper, but it is the right part to keep our D2's happy.
I have spoken to a number of people who have purchased this one and everyone has been pleased, that is where I would go, if I needed one.

richrover

Reaction score
I also needed a MAF for my disco and after searching i ended up getting it from BP of utah ...Great service and fast shipping ...No issues what so ever ...

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try out autopartswarehouse.com. They carry OEM parts at lower prices, plus their shipping service is great. I've purchased O2 sensors and other small parts for my 04 RR. Check them out.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto parts carry MAF's but usually they are generic or after market and you will get one that does not work correctly.

Smith

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 96 Discovery. Just replaced MAF after having difficulty starting once warm up. After replacing with New OEM MAF sensor now Discovery is hard to start when warm (backfires). Once started I have to push the idle to 1700-2000 RPM for a few minutes.

How can I test MAF sensor to determine New OEM MAF sensor is working correctly.

Thanks

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you replace the MAF, did you have some fault codes, if so what were the fault code numbers?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112