magnaflow exhaust ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been discussed a while a go when magnaflow was about to realize a performance exhaust for LR3.My OEM mufflers and pipes are due for replacement,pretty banged up ,one end crashed actually,although it was previously straitened up,did not lasted long and broke while recent off road event.dealer wants 1400 for replacement and I am talking mufflers only.Since original costs almost the same as magnaflow,should I proceed and go for stainless steel or don't bother ,because there is no significant gain in any category except maybe excessive noise and roar.I recently overheard a Defender 90 with Borla and it sounded great, but I never really encountered anyone on our forums, since Magnaflow came out.Any thoughts?

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love a little more growl out of my V8. The only thing I can offer is that I put a magnaflow cat-back system on a 99 f-150 with a 4.6l V8. It sounded great, but there was little to no performance gain.

Some of the higher end shops will build you a system, but make sure they bend their pipe with a mandrel. Then you can put whatever muffler you want.

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM