Magnaflow exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm ready to install this, I read the installation instructions and they say: Disconnect battery before install so that when reconnected the ECU will learn the new exhaust. Anyone ever installed one of these and have had any issues with the computer learning the new exhaust?

Thanks -

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ECU does not have to re-learn the exhaust. You disconnect the positive cable if you are going to be welding on the truck.

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who installed this themselves have any install tips?

Thanks!

MikeLi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who installed this themselves have any install tips?

Thanks!

I've installed one get new exhaust hangers it's easier to cut the hangers then try to pop the old exhaust off.

Get a torch to heat and expand the pipes so they will slip on easy.

Get some exhaust paste.

Get a piece of 1/2 hose and zip ties you might need then for the back hanger rods they might hit against the frame when install. (they might have fixed that by now since I got the first batch!!!)

Put everything on loose adjust and keep adjusting till you've got it right and slowly tigten everything up.

You can also try a search and might be able to find my write up and some pics.

Good luck.

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike! Any feedback on how it sounds? Annoying at cruise speed? Any droning?

2yellowlabs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
System is on and sounds great! Anyone want to buy my stock exhaust?

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo